Strafford, Missouri is a city in Greene County, Missouri, United States
Incorporated in 1968
Elevation: 1482 feet
Zip code: 65757
Strafford is located at (37.269893, -93.121991) . In more qualitative terms, Strafford is located on the Eastern edge of Greene County. Historic Route 66 crosses through Strafford.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 2.3 square miles
Strafford is a part of the rapidly growing Ozarks region of the county. Strafford, MO is located just off I-44 (exit 88 – just east of Springfield, MO), which provides a diversity of potential customers each day. Strafford is a major transportation center in the Ozarks with several trucking freight companies located within the city limits.
Strafford’s population continues to grow rapidly. As you look at Strafford as a potential location for business, you will quickly see the many new homes and subdivisions being built throughout the city limits.
The racial makeup of the city was 97.67% White, 0.33% African American, 0.65% Native American, 0.05% Asian, 0.16% from other races, and 1.14% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.79% of the population.
During the 2010 national census, Strafford reached a population of 2,358 people.
- The median age of a Strafford citizen is 32.
- Males: 1,074 (48.6%)
- Females: 1,137 (51.4%)
- Median resident age: 31.8 years
- Missouri median age: 36.1 years
- Population density: 947 people per square mile
For population 25 years and over in Strafford:
- High school or higher: 75.9%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 10.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.6%
- Unemployed: 3.6%
For population 15 years and over in Strafford city:
- Never married: 19.0%
- Now married: 58.7%
- Separated: 2.6%
- Widowed: 5.7%
- Divorced: 13.9%
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 2003: 8 buildings, average cost: $113,700
- 2004: 5 buildings, average cost: $113,700
- 2006: 41 buildings, average cost: $71,000
- 2007: 26 buildings, average cost: $112,000
- 2008: 5 buildings, average cost: $126,000
- 2009: 7 buildings, average cost: $112,100
- 2010: 6 buildings, average cost: $115,800
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 22.4 minutes
- Jan. 2011 cost of living index in Strafford: 79.2 (low, U.S. average is 100)
Hospitals/Medical Centers near Strafford:
- Ozarks Community Hospital (Acute Care Hospitals, Voluntary non-profit – Private, provides emergency services, about 10 miles away; SPRINGFIELD, MO)
- ST John’s Regional Health Center (Acute Care Hospitals, Voluntary non-profit – Church, provides emergency services, about 11 miles away; SPRINGFIELD, MO)
- Cox Medical Center (Acute Care Hospitals, Voluntary non-profit – Private, provides emergency services, about 15 miles away; SPRINGFIELD, MO)
Colleges/Universities with over 2000 students nearest to Strafford:
- Ozarks Technical Community College (about 10 miles; Springfield, MO; Full-time enrollment: 6,501)
- Drury University (about 10 miles; Springfield, MO; FT enrollment: 3,600)
- Missouri State University (about 10 miles; Springfield, MO; FT enrollment: 14,879)
- Southwest Baptist University (about 28 miles; Bolivar, MO; FT enrollment: 2,210)
- Missouri Southern State University (about 75 miles; Joplin, MO; FT enrollment: 4,115)
- Crowder College (about 76 miles; Neosho, MO; FT enrollment: 2,111)
- NorthWest Arkansas Community College (about 86 miles; Bentonville, AR; FT enrollment: 3,034)
Public Schools in Strafford:
- Strafford High (Location: 201 W McCabe; Grades: 09-12)
- Strafford Middle (Location: 211 W McCabe; Grades: 05-08)
- Strafford Elem. (Location: 213 W McCabe; Grades: K-04)
- Strafford R-VL (Location: 218 W MCCABE; Grades: PK – KG)
- The warmest month in Strafford is July with an average temperature of 89.
- The hottest day recorded in Strafford occurred in 1954 at 110.
- The coldest month in Strafford is usually January with an average low temperature of 22.
- The coldest recorded temperature in Strafford was -22 degrees in 1985.
- May is the wettest month in Strafford with an average rainfall of 4.63 inches.